Breaking Dad Breaking Dad

And now we have food for barbecue.

Isn't that right, Karo?

Fifen This Movie Fifen This Movie

Well, at first it was good...classic Clock Crew compilation, totally crass and obscene and didn't make any sense whatsoever...but then FU Clock called attention to the fact that it didn't make any sense. And that kind of ruined the whole thing.

So you get an A for effort, and a 5 because it's for Clock Day, but FU Clock should be punished. Like, you should take him to the nearest Slurpee machine, and give him brain freeze...for, like, an hour. Nonstop. See if he still wants to tell people things don't make sense after that.

berry juice berry juice

This is okay for a first or second time. But honestly not a whole lot was happening. Try putting a story to your animations in the future; make us want to stick around and see what happens next.

Hard Point Hard Point

Enjoyed it; had a very Chip's Challenge feel to it. One problem I ran into was that if you hit space after the final level, it goes to a blank screen, and you can't leave it without refreshing the game - which of course resets the game and erases all your progress. And as others have said, having NG medals to correspond with the badges in-game would be nice. Overall, though, excellent job.

SSquall responds:

Thx for bug report! I'll try to fix it.
About NG medals — shure! i'll add it into game when return from vacation.
Happy New Year!

Sunshine Sunshine

Stopped being entertaining when I realized I could just spam the mouse button until I got to the end Good try, though.

Morbidware responds:

I'd love to see you beating all levels from 11 to 20 by spamming the mouse button.

Hexagon Hexagon

I'm sure this game is much more fun to play using the touchscreen-based control system for the smartphone I don't have and can't afford that this game was clearly intended for as evidenced by the pixelated 'buy our game for your smartphone' ad that was plastered over the game as it was thanking me for playing the game I hadn't played yet because there was an ad sitting in front of it (which after not going away for a while almost led me to believe that there was no game).

But I'm sure your smartphone-owning paying customers will enjoy the app, so it's all good.

Here With You Here With You

I don't often log in anymore, but I felt compelled to add my two cents here.

As a fellow autistic, I totally feel what's behind the message; I especially love the chorus - perfect blend of music and lyrics. The first and second verses are fine lyrically, but in terms of melody and instruments I feel like I'm listening to a different song than the one I hear in the chorus. I'm not saying the different mood is wrong; it just feels too harsh and "plucky," if that gets my meaning across.

The rhythm of the bridge threw me off too; the general melody was fine, but I think it would have sounded better without the pauses in the odd-numbered lines. A short instrumental before the bridge, alike to the chorus in sound, wouldn't do any harm; and perhaps the final line could trail a bit longer to lead the song into its conclusion.

That aside, the only thing left to talk about would be the mastering, and I have no business critiquing that. In the meantime I've downloaded the track to my playlist, and if you do any further work on it I'd love to take a listen to the final product.

Jacob responds:

The verse-to-chorus contrast was intentional, to personify the difference in emotion. Sensory overload and anxiety in the verse, introspection in the chorus.
That said, I can totally see how the contrast may have been poorly executed, and I appreciate the input there.

Your enjoyment of the chorus also helps me figure out which direction to continue in, musically. That sort of sound actually comes most naturally to me, but I figured it was less interesting to listen to.
Looks like I had it backwards! I'll definitely be writing more music with that sound. :)

Thank you so much for the detailed review! It means a lot, especially from a mutually autistic user.

Channel Surfing Channel Surfing

It's good, but I wouldn't classify it as industrial. It sounds more like indie.

sumidiotdude responds:

Yeah I had no idea what to classify it as, but indie definitely sounds like a better fit. Thanks for the review, dude!

Dark Beginnings (WiP) Dark Beginnings (WiP)

Would like to hear more. Keep at it.

Pico's School (Photo) Pico's School (Photo)

Excellent work

Normally I hate costume work based on cartoons because it looks so fake, but you managed to pull this off. The costumes are believable, the hair is accurate, and the full arsenal of props gives it that extra edge. The one thing I'm iffy about is the lighting, but I suppose that's just a matter of taste. A new addition to my favorites.

To those citing the rules: true, they do say "no photographs," but they also say you can take a photograph of artwork. I would argue that costuming and prop arrangement is a form of art, and one not easily mastered; so since this is a staged picture of costumes and props, the work is permissible. And besides, if a staff member comments without deleting it (Bob), I'm guessing they don't consider it an issue.

Nova Blizzard Art contest 2005 Nova Blizzard Art contest 2005

Good, but you ouverlooked a few things...

Subject: Pose is awkward - she's standing almost too straight. The rifle doesn't seem to shift her weight at all; how would one hold a weapon that size and weight, at that angle, with only one hand and not bend the wrist? The right arm seems to be forcing in a straight position behind the leg; a slight angle in the elbow would fix that. Legs appear to be locked straight as well, "twinning" the pose; again, how she holds that rifle up with her legs creating that center of balance is beyond me. Wonderfully detailed, but defies the laws of physics.

Background: Seems to have been rushed, but it does relay the dark atmosphere of the environment, which can be difficult to do. The ambient lighting is mostly correct,save for a couple reflections off the rifle where there shouldn't be any. The creature silhouetted against the flames is a nice touch, as is the dead one behind her.

Summary: This is four years old, and you've probably improved since then. But in spite of your attention to detail, there are definite points where this could have been done better. 6/10 and 3/5 from me.

knockwurst responds:

I appreciate the honesty, and yes I can agree with everything you said : ) Thank you